Welcome

Please excuse the comma splices, tense changes, verbosity, etc. I was just a youngin' and now I realize the error of my grammatical ways. Plus, I preferred the flowery and descriptive writing styles of the early 19th century and beyond rather than the short, journalistic post-Hemingway-style of writing. I love intense imagery and descriptions in general. Still deciding whether I should edit my old poetry for grammar mistakes or take the Beatnik approach and fuck it.

Disclaimer: I only wrote/write on bad days. Grand days have never inspired me enough to write as I've always used writing as an outlet. A majority of my poetry is angsty, dark humored, or depressing, however, I don't have depression, and I'm not self-destructive or suicidal by any means. My writing is mostly a tenfold representation of the kind of day I was having at the time. Embellishing the realities of my bad days on paper helped turn them into good days. Not sticking my head into an oven anytime soon (or ever, actually). :P +10 points if you got the reference.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment

Thursday, April 5, 2007

The Mysterious Miss Captain Juniper

The colossal sail and mast blowing to and fro,
“We must set sail before the season of snow”,
We all throw our hats up in congratulations,
"Sailors, sailors, man your stations."

Without a map and without a compass,
"Where is the gigantic ship headed, miss?",
"We are approaching the town of Aquarius",
"Where is Aquarius; aren’t we headed for Paris?".

"Paris is cold at this time of year",
"Aren't you interested in just visiting "here"?",
"Yes, Captain Juniper, but where is "here"?"
"You'll find out, within the next year.".

"What? The snow is soon drawing near",
"If we stay to long, ice cracking we'll hear",
"Oh, first mate Reynolds, stop making such a fuss",
"The worst that could happen... A whale the size of a bus".

So they sailed to what seemed like the ends of the Earth,
For the sailors, this voyage was meant to show her their worth,
For little did they know, their bravery was tested,
Captain Juniper was working, while the other crew rested.

This made her mad, so her powers were revealed,
She thought for a moment, and appeared an ice field,
"Captain, there's an ice field straight dead ahead",
"I know, Cooper, now go back to bed".

She was so obvious, yet her crew didn't have the slightest clue,
The ship cook came up to ask, "Would you like some Irish stew?",
"Not now, not now", Miss Captain Juniper replied,
"Miss Juniper, Miss Juniper, will you be my bride?".

So there it was, a wedding ceremony on a vessel,
The ship crew got back to work, while the honeymooners lay nestle,
But who asked Miss Captain Juniper's hand in marriage?
I can only tell you this; he owned a nice, white horse carriage.

But yet you're still wondering, who this mysterious ex-bachelor must be,
I can tell you this, it was where they met, under the plum tree,
They met in Aquarius, the land of the sea,
For them it was reality, but tis' fantasy for we.

For the land of Aquarius is fictional, dare I say,
The story, as fictional as Rumplestiltskin spinning gold from hay,
For Aquarius lies only in one’s dreams,
The only way to escape reality, it seems.

One can only travel there via dream,
Take heed to my warning, the travel to there is extreme,
The travel to Aquarius isn't for the weak of heart,
For the road there is depicted in your mind's fine art.

Alright, alright, you're making me feel flustered,
In order to answer your question, please give me ice custard,
Okay I'll tell you, I'll tell you it's true,
Her spouse is Crewmen Cooper, but the suspense must now ensue.

Copyright © 2007

No comments: